Monday, February 08, 2010

Code coverage

This may sound strange, but one of the things I really liked doing back when we were starting Arjuna, which was written in C++, was writing the code coverage tests using Pure Coverage (in fact we had all of the Purify suite back in those days.) I found it fun to do, trying to come up with tests that covered as much of the code as possible and there were times when I could get so immersed in writing tests, compiling, checking the coverage and cycling through again, that I'd forget my PhD work!

So it was with some excitement (yes, I know, it's sad!) that I discovered that the JBossTS team had configured in Emma to the builds. So guess what I did this past weekend? Yes, before I knew it the weekend was over and I'd added a few more tests to the build. Sweet!

No comments: